Are you close with your sister or brother? Fanny and Felix Mendelssohn were German musical geniuses. They were also very close siblings.
Fanny and Felix dreamed of becoming composers. However, their father only wanted Felix to study music. Felix was sad because he knew Fanny was talented. He told her, “Keep writing songs.” They often played their songs together.
In 1842, Felix met Queen Victoria from the United Kingdom. She told him that she loved his song “Italien.” He said, Actually, I didn’t write it. Fanny did.”
Finally, Fanny’s dream came true. She wrote over 400 songs. Together, Fanny and Felix became great composers.
1. What is this passage mainly about?
2. Fanny and Felix Mendelssohn were from _____.
3. Fanny and Felix’s father only wanted _____ to study music.
4. How many songs did Fanny write?
5. _____ wrote the song “Italien”.
Check your answers